8.10.2004

Your ticket aint no good here.

Blake commented on how we don't really see some the darker truth on TV, specifically the caskets carrying US soldiers that have been KIA, or the funerals and burials. Now don't tell me that it's totally out of respect, because I don't believe that for one second. We're not getting told the whole story, but what's new. The rising death toll is nothing more than a number unless you put the humanity of it into the equation.

This article plays into that same effect of how the current administration is carefully orchestrating what we see and hear.

Whenever you see the President or Vice President on TV, notice how everyone is cheering for him or just oh-so-happy-to-be-there? It's because the Republicans have started to completely restrict any public event to, get this, not just registered Republicans, but you have to sign a "loyalty oath" pledging to support and vote for Bush in the upcoming election.

That's bullshit.

The article talks about a 64-year-old veteran who has gone to see every President speak since Ronald Reagan, but was turned away this time with ticket in hand, simply because he was a Democrat. That's wrong. This man had a right to be there, deserved to be there, and was escorted out by the police. That makes me mad. Again, I see the need to screen people for security reasons, but this goes way, way beyond that simple consideration.

With regard to this event, RNC spokesman Yier Shi said "I think the Democrats are just disappointed we thwarted their plans to disrupt our event." ...and I'll let that childish remark speak for itself.

Funny though, because at a recent July 10 event, John Kerry had to deal with Republican hecklers who "shouted "Viva Bush" and waved flip-flops" in the middle of his speech. I applaud the Democrats for not following suit, because this is just un-American. There are supporters for all sides, and that is representative of the American demographic. It's strange, because this is not in the best interest of Bush's re-election. Just how are they going to bring people to their side? Hell, not even every Republican is willing to vote for Bush, much less sign an oath. This does nothing but turn people off to being active in the political process, and it is a crying shame. But whatever, if the RNC and Bush's campaign people want to actively turn voters away, so be it. I can only hope that the next President will want people to see him speak.

3 Comments:

Blogger drewish said...

I agree. It seems that we see him speak very few times in public. And I found out that the President can reject opportunities to have presidential debates. If he does that, I'll go nuts

Naturally the media won't have speeches that are torn apart by the public. That gives America a very bad image. We DISAGREE with out leader? no way...of course, what's worse. disagreeing with our president, or agreeing with Bush?

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreeing with Michael Moore is worse...

9:38 PM  
Blogger drewish said...

agreeing with michael moore on what?

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home